24A - Venture Concept No.1
Recently consumers have become more and more concerned about how their products are being produced and who is producing them. This has created a need for software that figures this information out for the consumer. Because of this need, I have created the app Sustainable Shopper which will allow customers to find out the environmental footprint of the items they purchase and how ethical production was. This would mean that customers no longer have to worry about what they purchase and can shop guilt-free.
Switching to sustainable shopper will not be difficult for consumers considering the fact that there is no competition to switch from. My app is new and unique which gives it an edge thanks to the fact that it’s one of a kind.
My business would take place in the online marketplace via the app store or the play store. It would be free with ads and the option to subscribe for an ad-free experience. This means that the app is approachable to all customers but there is a more exclusive experience for a price.
I think that my venture’s “secret sauce” is the fact that we don’t really have any competition. While there is an app that checks food, there aren’t any for other items like clothes, furnishings, or electronics. Because of this, I think that we would have a real advantage from the start that would be hard to replicate.
After the initial roll-out of the app I see Sustainable Shopper creating a membership service where not only do they get to go ad-free, but they also get exclusive deals on sustainable items. From there I can see it expanding into an eco-friendly online marketplace. All of this would of course be done in stages in order to gain momentum.
Five years into this venture I want to be successful enough to create the marketplace I mentioned above. Because while there is no truly ethical consumption under capitalism, we can do our part to make it a little bit better.
Hi Riley. Great job on this assignment I think you really captured how to immerse the app into the real world and I think you would have a high success rate because of minimal competition. You did a great job outlining the next steps and I like the idea of ads to generate revenue in the beginning before people can see the benefits of the app.
ReplyDeleteI agree that your ventures secret sauce is that you have no competition. As long as you can attract customers and figure out a way to make a sustainable profit, you will have a successful business. I like that you have thought of offering ad-free in the future, I think this is a great revenue opportunity. I have enjoyed watching your creative business venture evolve over this course.
ReplyDelete