26A - Celebrating Failure
- Earlier this semester I was taking a paleontology course to meet a science credit. I started the course while I was at home with my parents and brought my textbook with me. When I came back up to Gainesville I realized that I had forgotten my book at home with my parents. I needed it for the open-note exam later that week and I didn't know what I was going to do. Fortunately, my dad drove two and a half hours to come to bring it to me, but I still felt awful about having left it in the first place.
- What I learned was to be more mindful and make sure that I am doing everything to the best of my abilities, especially packing.
- Failure is definitely a hard thing to deal with. We feel ashamed and sad when we fail because we feel like we let others down. But failure is also an opportunity to grow and learn from our mistakes. Without failing every now and then, we would never learn. This class has taught me that failure is an opportunity, not an obstacle.
Aw I am so sorry to hear that!! Sounds like you have a really understanding and supportive dad that would do anything to make sure your not stressed out. My dad would do the same for me too! Glad you learned from your mistakes!
ReplyDelete