19A - Idea Napkin No. 2

1. My name is Riley Harwood and I am a second-year media production major. After graduation, I plan on working as a set dresser for film and television. Besides this, I also study French.
2. The idea is to create an app that when a barcode is scanned the consumer will know how it was made and who made it. This way the customer knows whether the product was produced ethically and sustainably.
3. I am offering this mainly to those concerned with their environmental footprint. I mainly see those who are already trying to change how they shop and this is a way to supplement this change.
4. This is the type of issue where most that care care a lot. This means that the consumer base would be dedicated to change.
5. What sets me apart is that it would be free with limited ads.

Comments

  1. Hi Riley! I think it’s so interesting that you are aspiring to work in film and television. That is so exciting. I think your app is such a great idea. I do think you need to focus on how you will appeal to your customers in comparison to using other products or services. Of course, yours provides the convenience of having it all on one app. Are you planning on gaining profit from the ads in your app?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riley! I really like your last point about the app being free with limited ads. I think this is a great way to start out because people will be less likely to buy your app if it costs money. Also, you are trying to help the environment with this app and making it free would allow more people to reap the benefits of it. You could fill up the ad space with other environmentally friendly companies to increase your impact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Riley,
    wow, really good job on this assignemtn. I think you presented your ideas in a neat yet very helpful fashion. Your ideas are well articulated and i think the hard work and effort you put into this assignment really paid off. I think keeping the ad free with limited ads is good way to get things off the ground easy. You might miss out on revenue but it makes sense to try to get people to use the app as easily as possible. really good work here and I look forward to reiewing your work in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

26A - Celebrating Failure

18A - Create a Customer Avatar

9A - Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2