12A - Buyer Behavior

I identified the eco-concious segment that exists in consumers. Many consumers have an unmet need to know more about what they consume, but with rampant green-washing and not knowing where specifically a product was made can be difficult. When I interviewed consumers that had this unmet need I found that they often search terms like sustainable, zero-waste, and ethical production. But they don't always buy directly from stores that are local with lots of information about production. according to them, this is what makes it hard to be truly zero-waste. The app would help them to fulfill their wishes to know where their items are coming from at all times.

Comments

  1. Hi Riley! I agree that the best segment for you would definitely be eco-conscious customers. Thankfully, that gives you a vast majority of people because a lot of the population are becoming eco-friendlier. I am glad you mentioned greenwashing because that it something that would in a way benefit your business. People becoming aware that even though companies slap an organic or environmentally friendly label on their products, doesn’t really mean that its true. Your company would come in handy with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Riley,
    My idea also revolves around being environmentally conscious. I believe that in this day and age it is more important than ever to do what you can to reduce your own carbon footprint. This being said I find your idea very beneficial for those looking to help out the environment wherever they can. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

26A - Celebrating Failure

18A - Create a Customer Avatar

9A - Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2