5A - Identifying Local Opportunities


  1. Gainesville Businesses that promote sustainability. https://www.alligator.org/the_avenue/gainesville-businesses-that-promote-sustainability/article_6350690e-9fb7-11ea-9f57-97d6b9944314.html
    1. This is a story just showing different businesses that are sustainable in our area. The problem is that most clothing stores are not sustainable, so local people have started their own businesses that offer sustainable clothing. Who has the problem is anyone who wants to shop either local or sustainably. 
  2. UF's CWC introduces COVID-19 virtual support group 
    1. This is a story displaying how UF counseling services have stayed functioning during COVID-19. The problem displayed here is that many students need mental health help in these trying times and don't have a way to access it. So they are now able to speak virtually ina group just for people affected by COVID. 
  3. What If?
    1. This is a story discussing the lack of live sporting events and what it could mean for the future. Who has this problem is both athletes and fans alike who are missing these events. 
  4. A pandemic's deafening silence. 
    1. This article is discussing how the live music scene has been impacted by the virus. Who has this problem is both musician and fans likes who are unable to both perform and attend concerts, 
  5. UF online, international and DACA students won't receive aid form CARES Act.
    1. This article is showing that some students who may need help in these times the most won't be receiving it. Who has this problem is those listed in the headline. 

Comments

  1. Hi,

    I enjoyed reading through your articles and the summaries that you included. For the first article, although the issue exists now, it seems that people are stepping up to offer a solution to the problem, which is great to see. I also enjoyed reading about the impact COVID has had on live music. I know in St. Augustine, live music venues will start to slowly open, so there is hope the fans and musicians alike will be back to where they love soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riley! I think you did a great job overall on identifying problems within local news. I think that offering virtual support groups are a great thing, so I was happy to learn about this being offered through UF. Also, in regard to your “What If’ article, I am an avid football fan, so I am definitely worried about the future of live sporting events. I was looking forward to attending a football game in the fall, but I do not believe that will be possible due to COVID.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I really enjoyed your findings and feel that you did a great job connecting the different problems you found in Gainesville and we should look into ways we can fix them. I feel personally connected with many of your points. I personally really miss watching sports like baseball, I'm a huge Mets fan!!! I really hope that we can find a way to get sports back on later in the summer once it is safe. I have also been buying clothing through non-traditional ways such as Instagram.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

26A - Celebrating Failure

18A - Create a Customer Avatar

9A - Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2